Overall Reviews Rating:
Gardner Moving Co. was established by Louis Gardner in 1914. The company consisted of a barn and stable located in the south side of Pittsburgh because horses and wagons were the means of conveyance at the time. Louis and his crew delivered coal and hauled freight to the railroad yards. At this time, household moving was more of a sideline business.
When the moving business was passed on to Louis's son, Joseph F. Gardner in 1955, operations were still being maintained on the South Side, but the barn and stable were converted into a large garage with parking. They serviced mainly the South Side and the surrounding areas.
Joseph P. Gardner took over the company in 1975 and moved the business out of the South Hills area of Pittsburgh. Michael W. Gardner, Joeseph P.'s brother, came into the business in 1980 after finishing his time in the US Army. Together Joe and Mike grew the business by expanding their local capabilities and establishing long distance moving services, but still keeping the spirit of personal attention and service at the forefront of their business.
In 1996, the company purchased land in McDonald, Pa (South Fayette Township) and built a Warehouse/Office and Self-Storage Facility (Secure Storage Inc.) that serves as a base of operations.
Keeping in the family tradition Joe's sons Mike E. and Mark joined the business in 1993 and 1997 respectively. Joe's wife, Kathy, managed the office from 2002-2013. Michael W.'s wife, Lynn, and his daughter, Alexandra, are also on the team as office managers, having joined the company in 2007 and 2014 respectively.
The Gardner family, now in its 4th generation of business, is proud of it's long legacy of service to the Pittsburgh area and looks forward to serving your family soon.
Be the first to leave a review.